Bioré launched a New Jelly texture makeup remover which removes even the most stubborn makeup and moisturises skin for a dewy complexion.
Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover
Voted the No. 1 Makeup Remover by women in Singapore and Japan
Moisturising essence formulation for dewy skin
The enhanced formulation of Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover also conditions skin while
removing makeup. It contains one-third moisturising essence to nourish and hydrate skin, so skin
feels soft and dewy after each cleanse.
Cushions against pulling and tugging on skin
Not only does the smooth jelly texture of Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover glide easily on skin,
the thick consistency also cushions hand pressure on skin, minimising pulling and tugging during
cleansing that can, overtime, lead to the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin.
Cushioning skin against harsh cleansing motion is important especially around the delicate eye
area. It also prevents lashes from thinning out as a result of excess rubbing to remove stubborn
waterproof mascara or eyeliner.
At the back of the packaging, all usage instructions, caution, ingredients are listed. Product is made in Japan.
It comes in a pump type bottle.
After removing the secure cap, it's ready to be used.
Bottle in sweet pink~ ♥
Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover is totally transparent, looks like oil but it's not. This fluid has a thicker, higher viscosity than water and that's why it also doesn't flow fast like water.
A test to see how it removes the following makeup that I had drawn onto my arm.
(left - right) 5 eyeshadows applied on eyeshadow primer, gold glitter eyeliner, 2 black liquid eyeliners of a different brand, pencil eyeliner and lastly, mascara.
Note: ALL are waterproof makeup except pencil eyeliner.
After pumping the remover on top, I spread it around and rub off the makeup gently.
After sometime as the remover gets slightly thicker and hard to move around, I add little water to it.
After about more than 30 seconds of gentle rubbing & massaging, (not vigorously, because it will pull the skin and cause wrinkles in future if you rub it too hard) I rinse it away and still find dots of black eyeshadow and eyeliner left on my skin.
I remove them once again with Aqua Jelly makeup remover and this time, every single makeup have been totally removed. After rinsing, I proceed with washing my arm with a facial foam.
After using Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover for about a month plus (on my face)..
- slightly sweet floral scent
- feels like thick jelly-ish liquid
- doesn't feel greasy in my hands
- to remove whole face makeup, I use about 4-5 full pumps
- dissolves my foundation and eye makeup easily after massaging it for about 30 seconds
- able to remove almost all of my waterproof eye makeup (eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, eyebrow mascara etc) provided that I do a gentle massage on the skin to fully dissolve the makeup
- after adding water to it, the fluid turns slightly warm on my face
- remover will sting my eyes pretty bad if it gets inside them
- I can still half-open my eyes to remove the eye makeup as long no remover gets in contact to my eyes
- after rinsing off the remover, skin doesn't feel greasy at all
- I will cleanse once more with the remover, only when I wear layers of makeup or there are spots of eye makeup not removed
- skin feels smooth and pretty clean
- it doesn't soften the black/white heads or help in removing clogged pores
- doesn't strip moisture off the skin
- doesn't feel harsh on my skin
- it doesn't cause any irritation
Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover is good for those who doesn't like using oil makeup remover or remover that makes skin feel greasy after rinse.
I find that it can remove pretty heavy foundation but not entirely the eye makeup. Removing the makeup from under the eyes and the waterline is pretty hard as it will get into my eyes and will sting them if I do so. I either need to be very careful with using it around my eyes or I use a eye remover first for the hard to reach areas (eg, tear ducts, waterline, corner of the eyes), then Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover for the rest of the makeup.
Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover (230ml) SGD$24.90
Where to buy?
All leading pharmacies and selected supermarkets and hypermarkets.
Check out Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover display at Watsons
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Products name written and coloured in cyan are sponsored by Kao Singapore for trial & review. I am not affiliated to Kao Singapore and its company. All photos (watermarked) are taken by me. All photos & swatches are true.